Charles has enjoyed a successful 35 year career as a licensed general contractor, manufactured home dealer, and real estate broker. He is known for his innovative and creative ideas which have resulted in noteworthy projects, including the development of mobile home parks, large apartment communities, golf course communities, and industrial parks. His projects have an enduring quality of excellence and his long history of understanding customer needs led him to start Swmhomes to provide prefab, modular, and manufactured homes throughout Southern California.
Past Accomplishments Include:
- Owner of Southwest Manufactured Homes, a licensed dealer of Champion Homes, Redman Homes, Silvercrest Homes, Palm Harbor Homes, Golden West Homes, and Fleetwood Homes, with retail offices in both San Diego and Palm Desert.
- Development of infill lots in San Diego, Riverside, and Los Angeles using factory-built homes to replace homes in low income areas.
- Redevelopment of a 220 unit mobile home community in South Laguna Beach, CA - Development of a 55 acre parcel into a 350 unit mobile home community in Coachella Valley, CA.
- Development of a 45 acre, 266 unit mobile home community, including capital acquisitions, governmental processing, bid package, and implementation in Lake Elsinore, CA.
- Acquisition of distressed manufactured home subdivision as investor representative with banks, government agencies, and contractors.
- Sale of a 115 unit mobile home park in Seal Beach, CA - Rehabilitation of mobile home communities throughout Southern California, coordinating with tenants, lenders, owners, and government agencies including 157 units in San Juan Capistrano, 152 Units in Oceanside, CA, and 119 units in Paramount, CA.